Happiness is a Habit. . .
Happiness is something we’d all like to feel no matter what’s going on. But how to be a basically happy person, able to deal with whatever happens in life? Here are some Buddhist tips:
- Make some quiet time each day – calm down by focusing on your breath.
- When with others, be mindful of how you behave and speak; when by yourself, be mindful of what’s going on in your mind – try to act, speak and think in constructive ways.
- Do something nice for someone every day – have sincere concern for their happiness.
- Be generous with others – it will boost your feeling of self-worth.
- Focus on your own and others’ strong points – make helpful suggestions when problems arise.
- Let go of wrongs that others have done – practice forgiveness.
- Let go of your own mistakes – forgive yourself.
- Accept reality – life is full of ups and downs, but no matter how bad things get, everything passes.
Being happy doesn’t come from nowhere; you have to work on it. But with practice, everyone can lead a happier life.
Peace and Love, Jim
Buy Me A Coffee – A Easy Way To support The Daily Buddha!
The Daily Buddha – Support The Server
You must log in to post a comment.