Space. . .
The necessity of the resting state of your brain is highly misunderstood and miscalled in todays culture. While most organizations place value on doing things that focus solely on outcomes and results, the act of thinking, reflecting, and processing allows for higher insight, creativity and understanding.
Think time should be honored and prioritized, as it stimulates creativity and allows essential room for great growth and understanding. Here are a few simple suggestions for resting the mind and body in positive and constructive ways:
- Stop, eliminate, or reduce tasks (email, errands, etc.) to make room for creative work, meditation and to mitigate stress, leading to more productive results.
- Slow down in life to be more productive and spark creativity and focus.
- Experiment with a new schedule – find your sweet spot (morning person or night owl?) and honor your schedule to work when you are at your best, even if outside of traditional hours.
- Set and enforce daily, weekly, monthly, and annual boundaries to positively impact your personal and professional life.
- Let go of guilt as you design a healthier lifestyle – give yourself permission to thrive.
The key here regardless of the actions you take is about the power of “white-space” (think on the terms of white noise, something that clears the waves and allows the mind to reflect) and time to think, breathe, reflect, and ponder to allow the spark of life and its joys to ignite. The missing element is white space – short periods of open, unscheduled time, that when recaptured, change the very nature of our days. White space is the stepping back, the strategic pause, the oxygen that allows the sparks of our efforts to catch fire. I believes that white space has the power to radically and simply reinvent the way we approach life in the maxed-out, continuous journey of our days.
Think of it as an experiment. Try something new for a few months and compare it to what you’ve always done. You may find unexpected innovative results you want to adopt longer term.
Peace and Love, Jim
Buy Me A Coffee – A Easy Way To support The Daily Buddha!
The Daily Buddha – Support The Server
You must log in to post a comment.